Catching up- the past few months in a nutshell

Timeline of Desmond's "accomplishments" to date. I'm horrible at keeping records so this is all off of my memory so it's just by month as I remember it.


Feb/March- Desmond can sit up on his own. Rolling is his primary method of transportation. His personality is developing so much. He is happy all the time.

Late April- Desmond is a rock star. He gets up on all fours and rocks back and forth. Crawling is going to be here before we know it!

Mid- May 2009- Desmond crawled for the first time.

June- Desmond starts babbling “Da,Da,Da”

Mid-July- Desmond began “cruising” the house supported. He would walk holding on to furniture, toys, our hands…

August- Desmond begins to boycott baby food. He still doesn’t have any teeth but insists on eating mommy and daddy’s dinner instead of that yucky Gerber stuff. At dinner time I give him a small plate of whatever we are eating. So far, he doesn’t discriminate and he loves everything. This month he also learned how to wave. He waves to everyone! He does his hand backwards which makes it funny. Of course, I’m a bit of a proud mommy so I am going to think everything he does is great!

Labor Day Weekend 2009- Desmond walked, unsupported. Matt and I took him to Chuck E Cheese for the first time. There wasn’t much he could do just yet, but he had fun nonetheless. He ate pizza and rode the car ride. He was a pro at “driving” the car.

September- Desmond is starting to mimic sounds. He can say “Uh-Oh” and it’s freakin’ adorable. He will also copy me when I blow him kisses. He doesn’t have the hand motion down just yet, but he makes the noise. It cracks me up, which in turn makes him laugh too. He’s a hoot. I am hoping his teeth break through soon because baby boy has been very cranky at night. When I bring him to bed with me he is a big bed hog. Between him, Dutchess, and Scrappy there’s hardly any sleeping room. Good thing Matt and I upgraded to a king sized bed. Otherwise he and I would have to sleep on the couch while those three turkeys got the bed!

Speaking of Desmond and the doggies; Desmond thinks Scrappy is his own personal teddy bear. He cuddles him at night. One of these days I will drag myself out of bed and take a picture of those two. It’s absolutely adorable.

Well, that’s enough for now.

posted under |

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Followers


Recent Comments